Thursday, January 15, 2015

Meeting the Clients and Missing Friday

Hello!

Due to being absent and on the road for hockey with my fellow classmate, I am writing a make up blog post to describe what I learned about the material that will be discussed this Friday while I am on my way to Oswego, New York for a hockey weekend.  After reading the Stukent chapter 2 and researching a little bit about search engines, there are a few things that I have learned about.

In Stukent Chapter 2, PageRanks was discussed as a way to rank different websites and their keywords.  The basis of this method is that the more backlinks that are connected to your website, the higher the page rank of your website.  I found this tool particularly interesting because it's free and it's the perfect way for us and our clients to see where there websites rank amongst competitors, others, and potential competitors.

As for the GOMC online course we reviewed, we discussed more search engine ideas and methods for making sure your website gets the attention and marketing it needs.  It showed us more of the same ideas that were present within the Stukent marketing book.  Many of the ideas I knew, but some of them were relatively new to me and I was happy to have learned more about how Google came to be.

As for class Wednesday, we met our clients finally and learned more about the goals of what we hope to improve for them.  It is exciting to set goals, get a good idea of what we are going to be doing for our clients, and also to learn more about different techniques they know work well and ones that don't work well.  I hope from hearing from my classmates to learn more about what is to come on Friday's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment