Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Hello!

Allow me to introduce myself: my name is Marie Soukup and I am a junior at Chatham University.  I am intending to graduate in the spring of 2016 with a BFA in Creative Writing and International Business, both areas of study that will hopefully propel me into a profession working with social media platforms or the entertainment industry.

Currently, I am enrolled in Digital Marketing which is taught by Professor Rachel Chung.  I am looking forward to the Google Online Marketing Challenge, which I learned about in our first assignment thus far.  Overall, we are being assigned to come up with a strategic marketing plan online for a business of our choice.  Using AdWords and other Google utilities, we will work within a budget to allow our client to experience the best possible growth online for their products and services to reach their customers or potential target markets.

I am looking forward to learning more about the budgets, the businesses we have to choose from, as well as what the entire challenge will entail once we all embark on this journey this semester.  It will be interesting to learn about how Google works with AdWords and social media platforms in order to optimize their client's satisfaction and their performance with advertising and marketing their companies.

It will be my pleasure to keep this blog updated regularly throughout the semester and in the coming assignments, I will only further what I have started to learn about in this post and this week and be able to describe more about what the GOMC tasks really provide as far as training for us as students.

No comments:

Post a Comment